Information We Collect
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, household, or device ("personal information"). Personal information does not include:· -- Publicly available information from government records.·
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
In particular, we may collect the following categories of personal information from our users:
A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver's license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).
A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver's license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).
D. Commercial information.
Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
E. Biometric information.
Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.
F. Internet or other similar network activity.
Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer's interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
G. Geolocation data.
Physical location or movements.
H. Sensory data.
Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.
I. Professional or employment-related information.
Current or past job history or performance evaluations.
J. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)).
Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.
K. Inferences drawn from other personal information.
Profile reflecting a person's preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
We obtain the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:·
-Directly from you. For example, from forms you complete or products and services you purchase.· - Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions on our website, in our app, or whenever you use our services via cookies and other similar technologies. This information may be collected through a third party service provider, for example, Google Analytics.·
- From third parties when you login via a third party service. For example, When you login to our services through Facebook or another social networking site, you allow us to access and/or collect certain information from your third party platform account as permitted by the terms of the agreement and your privacy settings with the third party platform. The information you allow us to access and collect varies depending on the terms of the third-party platform and your privacy settings thereon.
Use of Personal Information
We may use, sell, or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:·
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. We may also save your information to facilitate new product orders or process returns.·
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our website, app, products, and services.· To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.·
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.·
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.·
- To personalize your experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our website, third-party sites, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law).·
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our website, app, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.·
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our website, app, products, and services.·
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.·
- As otherwise described to you when collecting your personal information.·
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our users/consumers is among the assets transferred.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Sharing Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
We share your personal information with the following categories of third parties:·
- Service providers including but not limited to analytics providers and customer relationship management software.
Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose
In the preceding twelve (12) months, the Company has disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
Category A: Identifiers.
Category B: California Customer Records personal information categories.
Category D: Commercial information.
Category F: Internet or other similar network activity.
Category G: Geolocation data.
Category K: Inferences drawn from other personal information.
We disclose your personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:·
- Service providers including but not limited to analytics providers and customer relationship management software.
Sales of Personal Information
In the preceding twelve (12) months, the Company has not sold personal information.
Our websites, apps and services may contain links to other websites that are owned or operated by third parties. When you click on any link for a linked site, you should be aware that this policy does not apply to any such linked site. We do not control and are not responsible for the terms of service, privacy policies and/or practices of any linked sites or any third party platform you may use to access our services, and you should review the policies and agreements of such linked sites and/or third party platforms carefully.
Advertising of Third-Party Products and Services
Social Media Features
We take appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect against unauthorized access to, or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of, personal information that you share and we collect and store. These security measures may include practices such as keeping your sensitive data on a secured server behind a firewall, transmitting sensitive information (such as a credit card number) entered on our site or mobile application using secure socket layer technology (SSL), internal reviews of our data collection practices and platforms, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store your information. Unfortunately, however, no security system can be 100% secure, and we cannot guarantee that communications between you and us, our websites, apps or services or any information provided to us in connection with the information we collect through our websites, apps or services will be free from unauthorized access by third parties. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of user information at any time. Your password is an important component of our security system. As such, it is your responsibility to protect it. Do not share your password with any third parties. If your password has been compromised for any reason, you should change it immediately and inform us.
Our Policy Concerning Children
Our services are not intended for children under the age of 16 and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from such children. Children under the age of 16 should not use or attempt to use our services. In the event that we learn that we have inadvertently gathered personal data from a child under the age of 16, we will take reasonable measures to erase such information from our records. Parents who believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 16, may submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org and request that the information be removed.
You may opt out of receiving marketing communications and automated messages from us by using the unsubscribe link within any email, by managing notifications settings on your device or by contacting us to have your contact information removed from all promotional and transactional emails. However, even after you opt out from receiving promotional messages from us, you will continue to receive certain transactional messages from us regarding our products and services such as payment failure notices or account suspension notices sent via email.
At this time, our services are intended only for users in the United States. We store information about site visitors and users of our services on servers primarily located in the United States, and we may also store such information on servers and equipment in other countries. If you are accessing our services from outside the United States, please know the data and personal information you submit will be transferred to and stored in servers in the United States or other countries. The data protection and other laws of the United States and/or other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country. By submitting your data and/or using our services, you consent to the transfer, storing, and processing of your data in and to the United States.
California Privacy Rights
California's "Shine the Light" law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) may permit users of our Services that are California residents to request certain information regarding any disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.If we determine that we have become subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), we will update this policy to advise you of your rights under the CCPA. We have determined that we are not subject to the CCPA at this time.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will post the updated notice on our websites and/or in our apps and services and update the notice's effective date. Your continued use of our websites, apps or services following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
Deletion of Data
To submit a data deletion request, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and request that data be deleted.
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, the ways in which Sift Food Labels, Inc. collects and uses your information described here, your choices and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights under California law, please do not hesitate to contact us at: